Re: Understanding conflicts on publications and subscriptions

From: Koen De Groote <kdg(dot)dev(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2024-07-30 14:16:16
Lists: pgsql-general

David,

By "addition" do you mean "adding the table to the publication"? I suppose
that's an option, though I was more thinking about disabling the
publication if an error occurs, similarly to how a subscription is disabled
if "disable_on_error" is set to true, and an error occurs there.

However, thinking about that is fantasizing, at this point.

My main worry is understanding the behavior as it is. And if my
understanding is correct: if a table doesn't have a replica identity, any
UPDATE or DELETE statement that happens on the publisher, for that table,
will be refused.

Is that correct?

Regards,
Koen