Re: Understanding conflicts on publications and subscriptions

From: Koen De Groote <kdg(dot)dev(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2024-07-30 23:22:45
Lists: pgsql-general

It indeed seems to be that.

My initial thought of " will be disallowed on those tables" was "on the
subscriber side". After all, why have a publication be of any effect if
there's nobody subscribing to it.

But it appears the publication influences behavior, regardless of there
being a subscriber, which feels counter-intuitive to me.

Thanks for stepping me through it.