Re: regarding bdr extension

From: Durgamahesh Manne <maheshpostgres9(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: andreas(at)a-kretschmer(dot)de, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: regarding bdr extension
Date: 2018-10-01 16:00:00
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 7:34 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 10/1/18 1:08 AM, Durgamahesh Manne wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 10:43 PM Adrian Klaver
> > <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com <mailto:adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>> wrote:
> >
> > On 9/28/18 8:41 AM, Durgamahesh Manne wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > This is regarding bdr extension issue. I got below error at the
> > time i
> > > have tried to create the bdr extention
> > >

> > > ERROR: could not open extension control file
> > > "opt/PostgreSQL/10/share/postgresql/extension/bdr.control": No
> > such file
> > > or directory
> >
> > OS and version?
> >
> > How are you installing BDR, from package or source?
> >
> > What was the exact command that led to the error?
> >
> > Does opt/PostgreSQL/10/share/postgresql/extension/bdr.control exist?
> >

> > > Regards
> > > Durgamahesh Manne
> >

> > --
> > Adrian Klaver
> > adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com <mailto:adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
> >

> > Hi
> >
> > OS and version?
> >
> > DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
> > DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04
> > DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
> > DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS"
> > NAME="Ubuntu"
> > VERSION="16.04.3 LTS (Xenial Xerus)"
> > ID=ubuntu
> > ID_LIKE=debian
> > PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS"
> > VERSION_ID="16.04"
> > HOME_URL="http://www.ubuntu.com/"
> > SUPPORT_URL="http://help.ubuntu.com/"
> > BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/"
> > VERSION_CODENAME=xenial
> > UBUNTU_CODENAME=xenial
> >
> > database version is 10
> >
> > 2) How are you installing BDR, from package or source?
> >
> > i am trying to install bdr by using postgres 10 one click installer
>
> This one?:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/
>
> Since you are on Ubuntu why not use the PGDG repo?:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
>

> > 3) What was the exact command that led to the error?
> >
> > after i have installed postgres 10 i ran CREATE EXTENSION bdr led to
> > error
> >
> > 4) Does opt/PostgreSQL/10/share/postgresql/extension/bdr.control exist?
>
> Understood, but the question remains does that file exist in the
> location specified above?
>
> If it does then there is possibly a permissions problem. If it does not
> then either the extension was installed somewhere else or it was not
> installed at all.
>

> > i ran CREATE EXTENSION bdr which led to below error
> >
> >> ERROR: could not open extension control file
> >opt/PostgreSQL/10/share/postgresql/extension/bdr.control": No such file

>> or directory> "
> >

> > Regards
> >
> > Durgamahesh Manne
> >

> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com

Hi sir

* Since you are on Ubuntu why not use the PGDG repo?:

in my company env i am using pg installer to manage the postgres servers

does this pgdg repository useful for configuration of bdr v3 ?

If yes then i can use it for bdr

please let me know some information about pgdg repository in detail

* Does opt/PostgreSQL/10/share/postgresql/extension/bdr.control exist?

bdr.control file not available

Regards

Durgamahesh Manne