PostgreSQL FIPS 140-2 on Window

From: Bradley May <brad(at)themayfamily(dot)us>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL FIPS 140-2 on Window
Date: 2018-10-01 15:44:07
Lists: pgsql-general

I understand the PostgreSQL 9.x installed on a RHEL distribution can be configured and supports FIPS 140-2 when using and properly configuring OpenSSL FIPS. My question is can the same be accomplished with a Windows installation, as easily or similar to the RHEL installation/configuration procedures?

Apologies for such an abstract questions, but I remember reading somewhere that PostgreSQL 9.x when installed on Windows does not support FIPS 140-2 without installing a more commercial product that has performed the additional compilation requirements.

Respectfully,
brad