[Pljava-dev] Survey of pl/java usage

From: michalek(dot)petr at gmail(dot)com ( Petr Michálek )
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Survey of pl/java usage
Date: 2014-06-09 15:07:03
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Piotr Wasik <piotr.wasik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask around the following questions, if you use pl/java:
>
> 1. dev or production? now or in the past?

Development and production since version of postgresql 8.0

> 2. is it heavy load? complex deployment like multiserver, replications or
> cluster? web style, fast, sub-second queries or complex processing with
> long queries?

I'm using it on two production servers on quite large DB. No problem under
heavy load.

> 3. what version of operating system, postgres and java do you use? pure
> java or another language targetting jvm?

Linux, Postgresql 9.3, Java 7 (with little modifed java code because of
newer JDBC in Java 7; I will send on request)

> 4. did you compile it yourself or used pre-packaged system?

Compiled - It's easy ;-)

> 5. a lot of unexpected pain? any showstoppers?

I don't know of any.

I must say, that I have good experiences with authors, which always helped
me.

Petr