[Pljava-dev] Survey of pl/java usage

From: piotr(dot)wasik at gmail(dot)com (Piotr Wasik)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Survey of pl/java usage
Date: 2014-06-09 14:32:58
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi,

I would like to ask around the following questions, if you use pl/java:

1. dev or production? now or in the past?
2. is it heavy load? complex deployment like multiserver, replications or
cluster? web style, fast, sub-second queries or complex processing with
long queries?
3. what version of operating system, postgres and java do you use? pure
java or another language targetting jvm?
4. did you compile it yourself or used pre-packaged system?
5. a lot of unexpected pain? any showstoppers?

thanks in advance! I hope the survey will let us all find out about current
state of the project, so much needed in my opinion.... if you have jvm, you
have java and a good collection of other languages targetting jvm; we would
have jruby, jython, javascript, scheme, common lisp, clojure and scala "for
free".

Piotr