[Pljava-dev] Survey of pl/java usage

From: tim(dot)clarke at manifest(dot)co(dot)uk (Tim Clarke)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Survey of pl/java usage
Date: 2014-06-09 14:36:54
Lists: pljava-dev

On 09/06/14 15:32, Piotr Wasik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask around the following questions, if you use pl/java:
>
> 1. dev or production? now or in the past?
> 2. is it heavy load? complex deployment like multiserver, replications
> or cluster? web style, fast, sub-second queries or complex processing
> with long queries?
> 3. what version of operating system, postgres and java do you use?
> pure java or another language targetting jvm?
> 4. did you compile it yourself or used pre-packaged system?
> 5. a lot of unexpected pain? any showstoppers?
>
> thanks in advance! I hope the survey will let us all find out about
> current state of the project, so much needed in my opinion.... if you
> have jvm, you have java and a good collection of other languages
> targetting jvm; we would have jruby, jython, javascript, scheme,
> common lisp, clojure and scala "for free".
>
> Piotr

Development and production continuously for at least the last 8 years I
think? Its not a complex deployment not particularly heavy workload just
repeated complex code run required that we found Java good at doing.
Currently Postgres 8.2 (we know its old - upgrade project is underway to
9.x) and heaven knows what version of pljava - I think I compiled it
myself. Some grief and misunderstanding getting it to work - it still
doesn't pass proper error returns back up the stack to our MS Access
front end for it.

--
Tim Clarke
IT Director

Phone: +44 1376 503500
Direct: +44 1376 504510
Fax: +44 1376 503550
Email: tim.clarke at manifest.co.uk <mailto:tim.clarke at manifest.co.uk>
Web: http://www.manifest.co.uk
Skype: callto:tim.clarke

Manifest is the trading name of: Manifest Information Services Ltd: Registered in England Number 3401145 & The Manifest Voting Agency Ltd:
Registered in England Number 2920820. Registered Office at above address. VAT Registration Number: GB 700 1880 77
Copyright: This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information.
If you are not the named addressee you must not use or disclose such information, instead please report it to: admin at manifest.co.uk
Please see http://www.manifest.co.uk/legal/legal_notices.htm for further information.