Re: Postgres Logical Replication - how to see what subscriber is doing with received data?

From: Shaheed Haque <shaheedhaque(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Jaskiewicz <mjaskiewicz(at)ghx(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres Logical Replication - how to see what subscriber is doing with received data?
Date: 2024-09-01 16:22:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Since nobody more knowledgeable has replied...

I'm very interested in this area and still surprised that there is no
official/convenient/standard way to approach this (see
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHAc2jdAHvp7tFZBP37awcth%3DT3h5WXCN9KjZOvuTNJaAAC_hg%40mail.gmail.com
).

Based partly on that thread, I ended up with a script that connects to both
ends of the replication, and basically loops while comparing the counts in
each table.