Foreign Data Wrappers

From: Gus Spier <gus(dot)spier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Foreign Data Wrappers
Date: 2024-09-07 00:55:06
Lists: pgsql-general

I find myself in new territory, Foreign Data Wrappers (FDW). I stumble
closer to success through the documentation, youtube videos, and various
google resources. But I've come across a concept that intrigues me very
deeply.

If I understand the concepts correctly, FDW not only makes other databases
available, FDW also offers access to .csv files, plain text, or just about
anything that can be bullied into some kind of query-able order. Has anyone
ever tried to connect to redis or elasticache? If so, how did it work out?

Regards,
Gus

--
Gus

gus(dot)spier(at)gmail(dot)com
540-454-3074

“Characteropathic individuals adopt ideologies created by doctrinaire,
often schizoidal people, recast them into an active propaganda form, and
disseminate it with their characteristic pathological egotism and paranoid
intolerance for any philosophies which may differ from their own.” (*Political
Ponerology*, Andrew Lobaczewski, 1984)