Re: Foreign Data Wrappers

From: Brent Wood <pcreso(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Gus Spier <gus(dot)spier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Foreign Data Wrappers
Date: 2024-09-07 02:40:48
Lists: pgsql-general

The most interesting (IMHO) FDW implementation I have used is an Australian WFS service mounted locally as a Postgis table.

Not wonderful performance, but full spatial query functionality.
If performance was an issue, "create table as select * from FDW;" creates a local cache...
Very useful functionality.

Brent Wood