Re: barman with postgres server/s

From: Muhammad Usman Khan <usman(dot)k(at)bitnine(dot)net>
To: postgr user <postgruser(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: barman with postgres server/s
Date: 2024-09-07 05:34:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I had the opportunity to work with barman. In my opinion, to configure
barman, you should have a separate dedicated system. Configure WAL
archiving properly to ensure that all transaction logs are streamed to
Barman like the following
archive_command = 'rsync %p barman(at)backup_server:/path/to/backup/%f'
Regular monitoring is required. You can check status via barman check
command
Use streaming replication by using this command 'streaming_archiver=on' in
the barman.conf file.