Re: Remove hacky way to open/close the dropdown-submenu

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "khushboo(dot)vashi" <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove hacky way to open/close the dropdown-submenu
Date: 2019-01-31 06:02:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Aditya,

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 10:25 AM Aditya Toshniwal <
aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Ashesh,
>
> I am getting a syntax error on bundle.
> After fixing that, please look into this scenario:
> Using keyboard shortcuts open object menu, for eg on table node. Go to any
> submenu using keyboard and go to any submenu and press enter.
> Now open object menu again using keyboard shortcut, the submenu remains
> open. It should be closed.

Please find the updated patch with all comments fixed.
Now - whenever the callback for the menu is called (menu toggling), it will
close the existing submenu(s) too.

Please review it, and let me know.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>

*http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>*

> Everything looks fine to me except the above.
>

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 10:07 AM Ashesh Vashi <
> ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Any update?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Thanks & Regards,
>>
>> Ashesh Vashi
>> EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>> <http://www.enterprisedb.com>
>>

>> *http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*
>> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 7:39 PM Ashesh Vashi <
>> ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Aditya/Khushboo,
>>>
>>> I can see a hacky way to open/close the dropdown-submenu in the menu.js
>>> file.
>>> I've followed a more general way to open/close any submenu in the
>>> dropdown list, instead of just 'Objects' menu.
>>>
>>> Can you please review it, and let me know your thoughts?
>>> Let me know if you have any other better approach.
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Thanks & Regards,
>>>
>>> Ashesh Vashi
>>> EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>>> <http://www.enterprisedb.com>
>>>

>>> *http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*
>>> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>
>>>

> --
> Thanks and Regards,
> Aditya Toshniwal
> Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
> "Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgadmin_submenu_open_v2.patch application/octet-stream 3.5 KB