Re: does pg_dump get delayed if I have a loop that does continuous insertions

From: anj patnaik <patna73(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: does pg_dump get delayed if I have a loop that does continuous insertions
Date: 2015-10-28 20:09:01
Lists: pgsql-general

I was trying to achieve smallest file possible so tried the xz. Right now
the db size returned from SELECT
pg_size_pretty(pg_database_size('postgres') is 1.4 GB and the size of the
dump with xz is 2.2 GB.

Is there a limit to the size of the database that pg_dump will run on? Will
it work when db is in TBs?

Also, I want to know if anyone has found any handy cron scripts for
automated backups to run on a daily/weekly basis? i found some on google,
but interested to know if there are better ones.

Thanks,
ap