Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Raiskup <praiskup(at)redhat(dot)com>, List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Álvaro Hernández <aht(at)8kdata(dot)com>, Vitalii Tymchyshyn <vit(at)tym(dot)im>
Subject: Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please
Date: 2016-01-25 14:11:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> From my experience, 99.9% of projects redistribute the required java
> libraries.
> I've never seen cases when the jar files were pulled from PRMs coming
> with the OS.
>
> I wonder if there are live uses of "pgjdbc.rpm".

This is a good question and one for which you should have metrics as the
latest jar has not been included in the redhat distro for quite some while.

How many tickets do you have asking for the jar ?

Are there any other projects which require the jar ?

Dave Cramer

davec(at)postgresintl(dot)com
www.postgresintl.com