Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed

From: Kevin Hale Boyes <kcboyes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kartyshov Ivan <i(dot)kartyshov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi, alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org, pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com, bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com, euler(at)eulerto(dot)com, thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com, peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org, amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com, dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com, smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed
Date: 2024-08-03 00:44:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I noticed the commit and had a question and a comment.
There is a small problem in func.sgml in the sentence "After that the
changes made of primary". Should be "on primary".

In the for loop in WaitForLSNReplay, shouldn't the check for in-recovery be
moved up above the call to GetXLogReplayRecPtr?
If we get promoted while waiting for the timeout we could
call GetXLogReplayRecPtr while not in recovery.

Thanks,
Kevin.