Re: Greenplum warning message

From: Per Wigren <per(dot)wigren(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Greenplum warning message
Date: 2015-12-02 15:08:13
Lists: pgadmin-support

No, they have just started the process of merging upstream, starting with
the same version they forked from, then merging forward a few commits at at
time. That is a huge undertaking so I suspect that it will take quite a
while before there is a stable release based on modern PostgreSQL.

I would very much like to have the warning dialog removed before the next
pgAdmin3 release. Everything I have tried works as good as with PostgreSQL
9.4:
* Connecting
* Running queries
* Viewing Greenplum specific explain plans
* Table definitions show Greenplum specific syntax like DISTRIBUTED BY
* Editing functions, views and rules work
* Other Greenplum specific things like viewing Resource Queues and
External Tables (similar to foreign tables) work properly
* Table properties/statistics/dependencies/dependents work
* Creating/dropping/modifying users/roles work
* Server status works

// Per