SSH tunnel key exchange methods

From: Adam Pearson <Adam(dot)Pearson(at)4finance(dot)com>
To: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SSH tunnel key exchange methods
Date: 2015-12-02 13:58:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Hello all,
I’ve encountered an interesting issue with PGAdmin III and usage of the dblink_connect_u function.

When I run the SQL first time around it works, query returns results fine, second time around it fails with the below error message.

The connection to the database looks like this, with a normal select into a temp table.

SELECT dblink_connect_u('user_database', 'dbname=user_database_goes_here');

--normal select statement here into temp table

SELECT dblink_disconnect('user_database');

If I close down this SQL window, and open up another one on the same database the entire query works fine first time around, then fails on the second time. I still have connection to the database since can query the other tables in the actual DB I’m connected to.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Adam Pearson

ERROR: function dblink_disconnect(unknown) does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT dblink_disconnect('vivus_es');
^
HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.

ERROR: function dblink_disconnect(unknown) does not exist
SQL state: 42883
Hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.
Character: 8