Re: BUG #14655: PostgreSQL 9.6 not compatible with QTS latest release

From: Duane Harland <duane(dot)una(dot)harland(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14655: PostgreSQL 9.6 not compatible with QTS latest release
Date: 2017-05-16 07:36:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear David,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I appreciate that.

It is a very reasonable answer and mostly what I was expecting. The
installation was from a prepackaged "app" on the NAS. So I was hoping that
there may be someone looking after that in the project team (who would be
understandably outraged about Qnap's downgrade), but I am also not
surprised or upset that it is not the case. Qnap NAS is not really a major
target.

It looks like I will have to do some research to get to the bottom of
exactly what is going on and options. I think I'll put pressure on Qnap to
get them to compile a 9.6 app for their system; it seems like their job to
me.
If it turns out that there is a place for the PostgreSQL team, would it be
best to interact directly with the hackers mail list or was my use of the
web form ok?

Keep up the excellent work.

Kind regards
Duane

--

Dr Duane Harland

35 Woodville Street, Leeston 7632

New Zealand

P: +64 3 3248386
E: duane(dot)una(dot)harland(at)gmail(dot)com