synchronous_standby_name format

From: John Scalia <jayknowsunix(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: synchronous_standby_name format
Date: 2017-07-14 14:58:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I've been asked to make our setup a little more secure. So, I thought I
would restrict which servers could replicate from our primary. However, it
does not appear that 9.6.3 can use a FQDN entry for this parameter. Plus,
our hostnames include "-" characters, and that seems to break the system as
well. Shouldn't synchronous_standby_names accept a FQDN with a dot or a
dash in the hostname or is this maybe a bug? (Flame suit on)
--
Jay