Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, "Rader, David" <davidr(at)openscg(dot)com>, "Marc Linster(at)EDB" <marc(dot)linster(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Date: 2016-07-07 15:12:17
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thursday, July 7, 2016, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:06 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:

> users,
> required.

> >> it is but it is usually used in the context of operating systems - so I
> >> kinda agree with david here that personally I would expect something
> >> that is for "bare metal" is something that can directly be installed on
> >> physical hardware (as in an OS).
> >

> > I am good either way, I was just expressing my experience.
>
> That has been my experience too, both in the office and in dealing
> with large and small customers.
>
> I really don't care if it says "non-virtualised" instead though.

I know I'm coming late to this discussion, but I have a different comment
on that. Which is, why is it there in the first plcae.

In what way are the installers more designed for non-virtualized than
DEB/RPM are? For virualized? For cloud, private, public, or hybrid?

I suggest that either that part is just dropped completely, or that it's
moved to a central point covering all the different options that are on the
page.

//Magnus

--
Magnus Hagander