Re: Wiki login error: ⧼pgauth-invalid-username⧽

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Pavlo Golub <pavlo(dot)golub(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wiki login error: ⧼pgauth-invalid-username⧽
Date: 2022-05-17 09:50:20
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 9:35 AM Pavlo Golub <pavlo(dot)golub(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I constantly get the error ⧼pgauth-invalid-username⧽ during the login
> process. AFAIR wiki doesn't like logins with an underscore in it. Some time
> ago this issue was fixed by creating a special `pashagolub` entity for the
> wiki. Still, right now, there is no opportunity to use that. Since login
> requires central login through https://www.postgresql.org/account/auth/5/

I'm not sure what you mean with "there is no opportunity to use that"? What
actually prevents you from using it?

Every time I want to update some old info on the wiki, I'm fighting this
> shit. It's an absolutely exhausting and demotivating experience. Please
> help me to solve the issue.

Since mediawiki doesn't support usernames with underscores, there really
isn't much we can do other than say "use an account without an underscore".
And we don't allow the creation of *new* accounts with an underscore for
this very reason.

--
Magnus Hagander