Re[2]: Wiki login error: ⧼pgauth-invalid-username⧽

From: "Pavlo Golub" <pavlo(dot)golub(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re[2]: Wiki login error: ⧼pgauth-invalid-username⧽
Date: 2022-05-17 11:02:04
Lists: pgsql-www

------ Original Message ------
From "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To "Pavlo Golub" <pavlo(dot)golub(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date 17/5/22 11:50:20
Subject Re: Wiki login error: ⧼pgauth-invalid-username⧽

>On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 9:35 AM Pavlo Golub <pavlo(dot)golub(at)gmail(dot)com>
>wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>I constantly get the error ⧼pgauth-invalid-username⧽ during the login
>>process. AFAIR wiki doesn't like logins with an underscore in it. Some
>>time ago this issue was fixed by creating a special `pashagolub`
>>entity for the wiki. Still, right now, there is no opportunity to use
>>that. Since login requires central login through
>>https://www.postgresql.org/account/auth/5/
>

>I'm not sure what you mean with "there is no opportunity to use that"?
>What actually prevents you from using it?
Good point! :-D I was just logged in as `pasha_golub` and there was no
login screen. But know I get it. I can logout and try to log in as
`pashagolub`.

>>Every time I want to update some old info on the wiki, I'm fighting
>>this shit. It's an absolutely exhausting and demotivating experience.
>>Please help me to solve the issue.
>>

>Since mediawiki doesn't support usernames with underscores, there
>really isn't much we can do other than say "use an account without an
>underscore". And we don't allow the creation of *new* accounts with an
>underscore for this very reason.
I lost this battle. :) It this possible to change my id to `pashagolub`
w/o underscore? That would make everyone's life easier I believe