Re: ANALYZE ONLY

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Harris <harmic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Melih Mutlu <m(dot)melihmutlu(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl, ilya(dot)evdokimov(at)tantorlabs(dot)com
Subject: Re: ANALYZE ONLY
Date: 2024-08-30 08:43:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 23 Aug 2024 at 22:01, Michael Harris <harmic(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> V2 of the patch is attached.

(I understand this is your first PostgreSQL patch)

I just wanted to make sure you knew about the commitfest cycle we use
for the development of PostgreSQL. If you've not got one already, can
you register a community account. That'll allow you to include this
patch in the September commitfest that starts on the 1st. See
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/49/

I understand there's now some sort of cool-off period for new
community accounts, so if you have trouble adding the patch before the
CF starts, let me know and I should be able to do it for you. The
commitfest normally closes for new patches around 12:00 UTC on the 1st
of the month.

There's a bit more information in
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch#Patch_submission

David