Re: PL/Java new build plugin

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Java new build plugin
Date: 2020-07-21 18:55:39
Lists: pljava-dev

> Hmm. That does sound worrisome. And I don't, at present, know the answer
> on instantiation; I would assume different executions are distinct
> instances.
>
> I have just had one of those déjà vu moments of thinking "wait, haven't
> I wondered about this before?" and it seems I did, five years ago (which
> I guess is long enough to forget).
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/a/32800814/4062350
>
> Is it possible to declare the script parameter as a PlexusConfiguration?
> Does that lead anywhere useful?

I had already come across your answer in my search and figured that you
might have forgotten about it :). I have seen antrun's source. I initially
wanted to have something like it but was unable to figure out how
antrun does that. I left on the speculation that it is another one of ant's
dark magic. JSR-330 seems interesting but I have not been able to find
enough documentation or examples around it. Even maven plugins seem to be
using Plexus configuration years after they announced the alternative.

We could use a hack. Specify the execution id in the configuration block
also in the pom and have maven give us the id to fetch the block but then
it is equivalent to having a scriptLanguage item in the configuration
block. More, actually since we need to specify the id twice in this case. I
say we continue to work this path and tackle the issue when we face it. We
could always revert to the scriptLanguage thing if need be.