Re: PL/Java new build plugin

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Java new build plugin
Date: 2020-07-21 18:37:33
Lists: pljava-dev

On 07/21/20 14:03, Kartik Ohri wrote:
>>> It is possible to have this syntax. We need to specify an executionID in
>>> the executionBlock for that. In the plugin, we can get the entire
>>> configuration XML as a Plexus Xpp3Dom object from which we can retrieve
>> the
>>> attribute from any element. I'll add this. What attribute should be used
>>> though mimetype or engine or allow both and give engine precedence over
>>> mimetype ?
>>
> There is one caveat though. This means we need to hard code the executionID
> in the mojo. It might be problematic when we specify multiple execution
> blocks for different phases. But I am not sure how that works, is a new
> Mojo instance initiated for each execution if there are multiple ones since
> each execution block has its own configuration block?

Hmm. That does sound worrisome. And I don't, at present, know the answer
on instantiation; I would assume different executions are distinct instances.

I have just had one of those déjà vu moments of thinking "wait, haven't
I wondered about this before?" and it seems I did, five years ago (which
I guess is long enough to forget).

https://stackoverflow.com/a/32800814/4062350

Is it possible to declare the script parameter as a PlexusConfiguration?
Does that lead anywhere useful?

Regards,
-Chap