Re: Windows CI status

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows CI status
Date: 2020-06-24 19:31:19
Lists: pljava-dev

> I think that's great news and when I get time later today I will look at
> the failing Java 9, PG9, PG10 logs.

For Java 9 it is a bit subtle, the tests don't fail but every time a JNI
refs warning is emitted. This raises a false alarm and the build fails. In
the case of PG9 and PG10 with MSVC, a test in examples.jar fails
probably. org.postgresql.pljava.example.LoggerTest
SetOfRecordTest not ok

As for the msys2 coverage of PostgreSQL versions, that sounds like the
> kind of gap we might eventually want to return to and fill in, but it
> doesn't have to be right now. Having this much of a CI matrix is worlds
> better than before, and this might be a good time to shift more (not
> necessarily all, but more) attention to the remaining parts of the GSoC
> project.

Yeah, sure. I am exploring the maven plugin and have been facing some
issues. I'll try to debug it for another day or two before asking for help.
Meanwhile, could you make the introductions with the pgJDBC maintainer of
org.postgresql endpoint at maven so that we could start work on the next
part?