Re: Windows CI status

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows CI status
Date: 2020-06-24 17:23:37
Lists: pljava-dev

On 06/24/20 13:14, Kartik Ohri wrote:
> Hi! I was able to fix the mingw issue through another way. The build matrix
> is here https://ci.appveyor.com/project/amCap1712/pljava/builds/33715210/.
> Appveyor does not have JDK 9 and 10. I have written a script for those
> versions to install them. As you can see, Java 9, PG9 and PG10 are failing.
> I am investigating these. Also, it seems that msys2 only has postgres12
> pre-built packages. If we want to test for other versions, we may need to
> build from source. What are your thoughts on this?

I think that's great news and when I get time later today I will look at
the failing Java 9, PG9, PG10 logs.

As for the msys2 coverage of PostgreSQL versions, that sounds like the
kind of gap we might eventually want to return to and fill in, but it
doesn't have to be right now. Having this much of a CI matrix is worlds
better than before, and this might be a good time to shift more (not
necessarily all, but more) attention to the remaining parts of the GSoC
project.

Regards,
-Chap