Re: Table column headings PgAmin4

From: Anthony DeBarros <adebarros(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Strauch, Sheldon" <sstrauch(at)enova(dot)com>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ted Jones <ted(at)mentra(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Table column headings PgAmin4
Date: 2018-02-07 21:59:32
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi, all,

My favorite solution to this issue is to use the very handy Python library
csvkit: https://csvkit.readthedocs.io/en/1.0.2/

It includes the command line utility csvsql (
https://csvkit.readthedocs.io/en/1.0.2/scripts/csvsql.html), which will
read a CSV and generate a CREATE TABLE statement. It does a fairly good job
of inferring data types from the column values in the CSV.

It works with PostgreSQL and other DBs as well.

Best,
Anthony DeBarros

On February 7, 2018 at 3:07:21 PM, Strauch, Sheldon (sstrauch(at)enova(dot)com)