Re: able column headings PgAmin4

From: Johann Spies <jspies(at)sun(dot)ac(dot)za>
To: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: able column headings PgAmin4
Date: 2018-02-08 06:59:22
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Wed, Feb 07, 2018 at 01:59:32PM -0800, Anthony DeBarros wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> My favorite solution to this issue is to use the very handy Python library
> csvkit: https://csvkit.readthedocs.io/en/1.0.2/

For the same purpose I have written a script in Julia which I regularly
use. It creates an SQL-file from a csv similar to the output of a
pg_dump of a table. Then I can run 'psql -f sqlfile.sql' and it will
create and populate the table.

I have attached the script. You need to have Julia on your computer
(which is a good thing :)

Regards.

Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder / Data manager Faks: 021-883 3691

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

The integrity and confidentiality of this e-mail is governed by these terms / Die integriteit en vertroulikheid van hierdie e-pos word deur die volgende bepalings gerel. http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer

Attachment Content-Type Size
csv_to_sql.jl text/plain 18.3 KB