Re: Issue Installing PostgreSQL 17 on Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy)

From: Kashif Zeeshan <kashi(dot)zeeshan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jyoti Saxena <jyotisaxena(dot)mcm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue Installing PostgreSQL 17 on Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy)
Date: 2024-08-26 07:05:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Jyoti

Make sure you have done the following repo setup

sudo apt install curl ca-certificates
sudo install -d /usr/share/postgresql-common/pgdg
sudo curl -o /usr/share/postgresql-common/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.asc
--fail https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc

# Create the repository configuration file:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb
[signed-by=/usr/share/postgresql-common/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.asc]
https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt $(lsb_release -cs)-pgdg main" >
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list'

Also once the above is done then execute following
apt-get update

then execute the following command and it shd install the latest version of
PG in this case PG17.
sudo apt -y install postgresql

Regards
Kashif Zeeshan