Re: Issue Installing PostgreSQL 17 on Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy)

From: Jyoti Saxena <jyotisaxena(dot)mcm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kashif Zeeshan <kashi(dot)zeeshan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue Installing PostgreSQL 17 on Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy)
Date: 2024-08-26 10:29:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Kashif,

Thank you for the instructions. I followed the steps provided to set up the
repository and install PostgreSQL. However, after completing the setup, the
system installed PostgreSQL 16.4 instead of the expected PostgreSQL 17. The
version installed is psql (PostgreSQL) 16.4 (Ubuntu 16.4-1.pgdg22.04+1).

Here are the steps I followed:

1. Installed curl and ca-certificates.
2. Set up the repository key and configuration as instructed.
3. Ran apt-get update.
4. Executed sudo apt -y install postgresql.

The repository seems to have installed the latest available version as
PostgreSQL 16.4. Could you please advise if there is a different repository
I should use for PostgreSQL 17, or if additional steps are needed to
specifically target version 17?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Jyoti