psycopg is the new psycopg3?

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psycopg is the new psycopg3?
Date: 2020-11-10 17:12:05
Lists: psycopg

Hello,

I have received some concerned voices in regard to have a package called
"psycopg3". I guess many have been burned out by the Python 2 to 3
transition, and now it's not a happy pair of number to see next to each
other. Sorry, Fibonacci...

The rationale behind having the 2 in the package name was to allow the
coexistence between v1 and 2. But now that nobody uses v1 anymore, I think
the name can be considered free. I believe it even predates pypi and the
requirements.txt convention. Dark times...

Anyone against using "psycopg" as package name, and starting from 3 as
version number?

Cheers,

-- Daniele