Re: Cirrus CI for macOS branches 16 and 15 broken

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cirrus CI for macOS branches 16 and 15 broken
Date: 2024-08-18 22:45:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 19, 2024 at 10:01 AM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Oh, it already is a cache miss and thus a fresh installation, in
> Tomas's example. I can reproduce that in my own Github account by
> making a trivial change to ci_macports_packages.sh to I get a cache
> miss too. It appears to install macports just fine, and then a later
> command fails in MacPort's sqlite package registry database, "attempt
> to write a readonly database". At a wild guess, what has changed here
> to trigger this new condition is that MacPorts has noticed a new
> stable release of itself available and taken some new code path
> related to upgrading. No idea why it thinks its package database is
> read-only, though... looking...

I still don't know what's happening. In case it helps someone else
see it, the error comes from "sudo port unsetrequested installed".
But in any case, switching to 2.10.1 seems to do the trick. See
attached.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-ci-Upgrade-MacPorts-version-to-2.10.1.patch text/x-patch 1.6 KB