Re: SQL Property Graph Queries (SQL/PGQ)

From: Imran Zaheer <imran(dot)zhir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL Property Graph Queries (SQL/PGQ)
Date: 2024-08-04 07:02:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi
I am attaching a new patch for a minor feature addition.

- Adding support for 'Labels and properties: EXCEPT list'

Please let me know if something is missing.

Thanks and Regards
Imran Zaheer

On Mon, Jul 22, 2024 at 9:02 PM Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 11:04 AM Ashutosh Bapat
> <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 8, 2024 at 7:07 PM Ashutosh Bapat
> > <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > > PFA the patchset fixing compilation error reported by CI bot.
> > > 0001 - same as previous one
> > > 0002 - fixes compilation error
> > > 0003 - adds support for WHERE clause in graph pattern missing in the first patch.
> > >

> > There's a test failure reported by CI. Property graph related tests
> > are failing when regression is run from perl tests. The failure is
> > reported only on Free BSD.
>
> I thought it's related to FreeBSD but the bug could be observed
> anywhere with -DRELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE. It's also reported indirectly
> by valgrind.
>
> When infering properties of an element from the underlying table's
> attributes, the attribute name pointed to the memory in the heap tuple
> of pg_attribute row. Thus when the tuple was released, it pointed to a
> garbage instead of actual column name resulting in column not found
> error.
>
> Attached set of patches with an additional patch to fix the bug.
>
> 0001 - same as previous one
> 0002 - fixes pgperltidy complaints
> 0003 - fixes compilation failure
> 0004 - fixes issue seen on CI
> 0005 - adds support for WHERE clause in graph pattern missing in the
> first patch.
>
> Once reviewed, patches 0002 to 0005 should be merged into 0001.
>
> --
> Best Wishes,
> Ashutosh Bapat

Attachment Content-Type Size
0006-Support-for-EXCEPT-list-in-Labels-and-properties.patch application/octet-stream 11.1 KB