Re: pgadmin4 - Use classic style interface, don't launch browser?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Mark Murawski <markm-lists(at)intellasoft(dot)net>
Cc: richard coleman <rcoleman(dot)ascentgl(at)gmail(dot)com>, Avin Kavish <avinkavish(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgadmin4 - Use classic style interface, don't launch browser?
Date: 2019-07-30 08:09:52
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 7:31 PM Mark Murawski <markm-lists(at)intellasoft(dot)net>
wrote:

> Would there be a possibility of embedding chromium? Since of course
> it's actively developed and everyone including their pet cat are using
> it as a rendering engine these days (including microsoft) Not sure of
> the compatibility with the BSD license would go...

It's technically possible of course (one most, but not all of our supported
platforms), but would be a massive amount of work, probably tying up most
of my team for months whilst they figure out how to glue all the pieces
together into Qt on Windows, Mac and Linux. I'd far rather they were
building actual features.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com