Re: pgadmin4 - Use classic style interface, don't launch browser?

From: richard coleman <rcoleman(dot)ascentgl(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Mark Murawski <markm-lists(at)intellasoft(dot)net>, Avin Kavish <avinkavish(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgadmin4 - Use classic style interface, don't launch browser?
Date: 2019-07-30 12:15:49
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dave,

That's true. Of course that's the ultimate draw back of the client/server
model. Having *just* a server isn't enough, you need a *client* as well.
pgAdmin4 is *just* the server portion of that model. It's relying on
*borrowing* someone else's client. That's frees up quite a bit of
resources, not having to write an actual client. Unfortunately that means
you have to deal with all of the limitations; speed, footprint,
compatibility, security, capabilities that that entails. Contrary to the
thought in some circles, not *everything* is amenable to being served
through a web browser.

just one man's opinion.