Re: Issue tracking

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Philippe Cloutier <chealer(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue tracking
Date: 2021-11-10 09:06:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 11:23 PM Philippe Cloutier <chealer(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> We are considering a move to Github issues, but that's a huge and
> complex task.
>

> I would recommend against moving to GitHub's ITS engine, which is most
> basic.

Basic is good :-). We don't actually make much use of the vast majority of
Redmine's features right now - and being able to use Github's system will
allow us to follow the workflows that most developers expect these days,
thus making it easier to allow new contributors to get started.

> The ticket I filed was set to Status "Rejected". Could someone either
> explain why or set that field to a more representative value?

Because at the time we had no plan to change tracker. Or are you talking
about a different ticket?