Re: Issue tracking

From: Philippe Cloutier <chealer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue tracking
Date: 2021-11-09 23:23:25
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave

Le 2021-11-03 à 05:23, Dave Page a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Sorry, I missed that update.

No problem, glad to see you are still here and thank you for the reply.

> The tracker is part of the PostgreSQL project infrastructure, and thus
> the pgAdmin project has no control over the requirement to login to
> see tickets.

I know very little about the PostgreSQL project, so I cannot judge the
control pgAdmin has over it, but for sure if pgAdmin's control is null,
that will make solving more costly and difficult, so I tried to record
that information in the ticket. Thanks

> We are considering a move to Github issues, but that's a huge and
> complex task.

I would recommend against moving to GitHub's ITS engine, which is most
basic.

The ticket I filed was set to Status "Rejected". Could someone either
explain why or set that field to a more representative value?