Re: [pgAdmin4][RM2927] Move all CSS into SCSS files for consistency and ease of colour maintenance etc.

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][RM2927] Move all CSS into SCSS files for consistency and ease of colour maintenance etc.
Date: 2018-08-14 16:03:30
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 10:12 AM, Aditya Toshniwal <
aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Hacker,
>
> Attached is the patch to replace CSS with SCSS wherever needed. Highlights
> of patch:
> 1) Use of globally defined colors and styles across the complete
> application using SCSS.
> 2) Modularity in CSS - All the SCSS and CSS files in different modules
> will be pulled for bundling automatically.
> 3) Remove hard coded hash codes in different JS files and use CSS class
> instead.
> 4) Replace different out of the theme colors with colors defined in global
> SCSS variables.
> 5) Removed '~bootstrap/dist/css/bootstrap-theme.css'. We dont need it
> actually. This will bring default bootstrap design with less gradient use
> (gradient kills performance)
>
> Please note, there will be slight color differences from the original. I
> have tried to cover most of the app but may have missed few, please point
> out.
> Also, it is mandatory for wcDocker to provide a theme. To stop it, we need
> to change wcDocker code. So for now I have provided empty css file.

I'm seeing the following failure:

(pgadmin4) dpage(at)hal:*~/git/pgadmin4*$ make bundle

cd web && yarn run bundle

*yarn run v1.9.2*

$ cross-env NODE_ENV=production yarn run bundle:dev

$ yarn run linter && yarn run webpacker

$ yarn eslint --no-eslintrc -c .eslintrc.js --ext .js --ext .jsx .

$ /Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/node_modules/.bin/eslint --no-eslintrc -c
.eslintrc.js --ext .js --ext .jsx .

/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/webpack.config.js

123:2 error Missing semicolon semi

279:11 error Expected indentation of 8 spaces but found 10 indent

280:11 error Expected indentation of 8 spaces but found 10 indent

283:24 error Missing trailing comma comma-dangle

284:12 error Missing trailing comma comma-dangle

285:9 error Expected indentation of 6 spaces but found 8 indent

312:25 error Missing trailing comma comma-dangle

313:10 error Missing trailing comma comma-dangle

334:71 error Missing trailing comma comma-dangle

*✖ 9 problems (9 errors, 0 warnings)*

error Command failed with exit code 1.

info Visit *https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run
<https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run>* for documentation about this command.

error Command failed with exit code 1.

info Visit *https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run
<https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run>* for documentation about this command.

error Command failed with exit code 1.

info Visit *https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run
<https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run>* for documentation about this command.

error Command failed with exit code 1.

info Visit *https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run
<https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run>* for documentation about this command.

make: *** [bundle] Error 1

Also, the changes to preferences.js seems to add a duplicate line to a
comment.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page