Re: Accidental inclusion of core team on funds policy?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Jonathan Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Cramer <davecramer(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Accidental inclusion of core team on funds policy?
Date: 2023-10-09 13:35:26
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, 9 Oct 2023 at 14:29, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:

> > On 9 Oct 2023, at 15:25, Jonathan Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> group
> Core
> >> +1 from me
> >
> > -1. This is part of the charter that was sent to SPI. Please do not
> > modify it.
>
> Fair enough, but should it really be there or is it something which should
> be
> changed at some point? Right now it implies that the Funds group reports
> the Core Team, or that the Core Team has influence on the Funds group,
> which
> AFAIK isn't correct.

Yes, it is. The core team has the power of veto over the Liaison and Deputy
Liaison.

This page is the charter which describes the relationship between the
project and the funds group, so it makes sense (because others within SPI
don't know our project) to have all the key details in one place.

--
Dave Page
pgAdmin: https://www.pgadmin.org