[Pljava-dev] Java VM stalls during "install_jar"

From: chantanand at gmail(dot)com (Chantralekha Anandh kumar)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Java VM stalls during "install_jar"
Date: 2010-12-03 11:50:21
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi,

I am trying to write back end function in postgresql DB using pljava. Please

refer all the s/w components details below (all are built for 64-bit
platform):

1. OS - FreeBSD lab-stor-01.xambala.local 8.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE
#0: Sat Nov 21 15:02:08 UTC 2009
root at mason.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
amd64

2. JDK -1.5.0_16-p9 (Downloaded JDK source version 1.5.0 update 16, applied
patch-9.0 through FreeBSD ports and got it built)

3. pljava - 1.4 (Download sources from pg_foundry CVS using V1_4_0 tag and
patched "org.postgresql.pljava/src/C" with latest version for postgresql 8.4
support and got it built)

4. postgresql - 8.4.5

I could install the pljava language in postgress DB through "install.sql"
script

through "psql" client. When i try to install jar, "psql" got hangs and it

didnot respond to Ctrl + C. From postgress DB log, i have found that program

got stall during JVM create at location mentioned below:-

initializeJavaVM,
/usr/local/src/PLJava/org.postgresql.pljava/src/C/pljava/Back

end.c:675

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

PS:

Before moving to FreeBSD OS, i have tested the same in UBUNTU OS
(2.6.31-

14-server #48-Ubuntu SMP). I could install jar, could create pljava
function

and execute through "psql".)