[Pljava-dev] Ongoing Development (funding): 8.4, Java 6 and beyond

From: johann at myrkraverk(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Ongoing Development (funding): 8.4, Java 6 and beyond
Date: 2010-10-04 23:14:47
Lists: pljava-dev

Dear pljava-dev,

As you may have noticed I ported the 1.4 source tree for 8.4 in a way
that "works for me" before I came across this mailing list and saw
that the CVS may have some support already.

That effort took about 2-3 hours so I'm not crying over a time wasted.

I am now in a position to work more or less full time on pljava if I
have some funding to do so. How and where to get such funding is
something I don't really know so please come forward with ideas if you
can.

There are plenty of ways in which it can be improved. The Java code
needs to be updated, my 8.4 changes made it incompatible with 8.3.
Asserting that it works for different platforms than just Linux and
Windows (Solaris and FreeBSD come to mind). Perhaps do not rely on
GCC. Create binary packages for the major repositories and/or work
with Postgres package maintainers. And so on and so on.

Please let me know if you have some immediate needs and I can perhaps
fulfill them.

Johann