[Pljava-dev] Postgresql 8.4 Support (with patch)

From: johann at myrkraverk(dot)com (Johann "Myrkraverk" Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Postgresql 8.4 Support (with patch)
Date: 2010-10-03 19:28:25
Lists: pljava-dev

Dear pljava-dev,

Here is a preliminary patch for PostgreSQL 8.4 support. There are
still some C warnings I'd like to get rid of and the issue of not
compiling with java 6; my system supplied OpenJDK.

Successfully compiled with:

Sun Java 1.4.2_19
GCC: 4.4.3
PostgreSQL 8.4 (system supplied)
System: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - the Lucid Lynx
uname -a: Linux asuka 2.6.32-25-generic #44-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 17
20:26:08 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

The patch may need some cleanup - perhaps only whitespace before it's applied.

I'll look into Java 6 support if I get some pointers on what exactly
the issue is. I must confess Java is not my strongest language.

Also, setting CFLAGS=-Werror before running make does not seem to have
any effects. Will some (gnu)make expert fix that for me?

Johann