From: Damien Clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2017-10-31 23:43:33
Lists: pgsql-www

Le 31.10.2017 22:54, Joshua D. Drake a écrit :
> On 10/30/2017 04:13 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
>> On 2017-10-30 22:27, Damien Clochard wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> To improve communications between the GUI developers, we'd like to
>>> have a special mailing list where we could organize further meetings
>>> and share experience and thoughts about design, common APIs, charting
>>> libraries, etc.
>>
>> This sounds like a really, really good idea. :)
>
> I agree that getting the developers together to collaborate is a great
> idea but I wonder if we need a separate mailing list for it? Not going
> to argue, just my 02 cents.

This is a legitimate question. In fact, it's easy to create a mailing
list but we should always check if it is relevant before adding a new
one

In this case, I had a look to the various possibilities among the
current "list of lists" but couldn't find anything that really fits

* pgsql-hackers has already enough traffic :)
* pgadmin-hackers is dedicated to pgadmin development whereas we want a
place to discuss any tool...
* pgsql-interfaces is dedicated to drivers, not Graphic User Interfaces

In fact this new list would be pretty much like pgsql-cluster-hackers
(btw we could call it pgsql-gui-hackers to stay consistent) in that it's
not a place with a huge traffic but it's useful to connect various
groups working in the same domain.

I don't know, maybe we can open a list and make a test for 6 or 12
months and then if it's not useful or misused we can classify it as
"inactive" ?

--
Damien Clochard