SQL probs with phplib

From: "Oliver Duke-Williams" <oduke(at)gisca(dot)adelaide(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, phplib(at)shonline(dot)de
Subject: SQL probs with phplib
Date: 1998-09-14 23:57:01
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I'm trying to set up phplib (release 5) for use with postgresql(6.3 I
_think_ but pg_version is empty, and I can't see an actual version
number anywhere... ), and having a couple of problems with the supplied
file create_database.sql (originally written with mySQL in mind).

Specifically, in the first table created:

CREATE TABLE active_sessions (
sid varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
name varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
val text,
changed varchar(14) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (sid,name),
KEY changed (changed)
);

an error is reported:

ERROR: type name lookup of changed failed

(In postgres, do I need to go though a 'create type' process here?)

and in the second table:

CREATE TABLE auth_user (
uid varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
username varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
password varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
perms varchar(255),
PRIMARY KEY (uid),
UNIQUE k_username (username)
);

the following error is generated:

ERROR: parser: Syntax error at or near "k_username"

(Will this need some additional command aling the lines of
'create unique index'?)

Having drawn a blank in searching list archives, I'd be grateful for any
advice about what the correct pgsql versions of the above should be.

NB: This is posted to two lists - I'm happy to summarise later if people
don't want to xpost replies.

Thanks,

Oliver