Re: [PHPLIB] SQL probs with phplib

From: "Kristian =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6hntopp?=" <kk(at)shonline(dot)de>
To: Oliver Duke-Williams <oduke(at)gisca(dot)adelaide(dot)edu(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, phplib(at)mail(dot)shonline(dot)de
Subject: Re: [PHPLIB] SQL probs with phplib
Date: 1998-09-14 09:28:17
Lists: pgsql-sql

Oliver Duke-Williams wrote:
> changed varchar(14) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,

> ERROR: type name lookup of changed failed

changed is a regular varchar(14) and should be taken by Postgres without
problems. At least my Postgres did.

> ERROR: parser: Syntax error at or near "k_username"

Just don´t name that key (leave out the k_username). Alternatively
define the table without keys first and add the keys later using the
CREATE INDEX statement.

> Having drawn a blank in searching list archives, I'd be grateful
> for any advice about what the correct pgsql versions of the above
> should be.

Postgres support is new in release-5 of PHPLIB. There are not many
success reports with Postgres up to now. I am a MySQL type myself and
very new to Postgres...

Kristian

--
SH Online Dienst GmbH, Kristian Koehntopp,
Siemenswall, 24107 Kiel, +49 431 386 436 00