Re: [SQL] SQL probs with phplib

From: David Hartwig <daybee(at)bellatlantic(dot)net>
To: Oliver Duke-Williams <oduke(at)gisca(dot)adelaide(dot)edu(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, phplib(at)shonline(dot)de
Subject: Re: [SQL] SQL probs with phplib
Date: 1998-09-14 20:10:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

Oliver Duke-Williams wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up phplib (release 5) for use with postgresql(6.3 I
> _think_ but pg_version is empty, and I can't see an actual version
> number anywhere... ), and having a couple of problems with the supplied
> file create_database.sql (originally written with mySQL in mind).
>
> Specifically, in the first table created:
>
> CREATE TABLE active_sessions (
> sid varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
> name varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
> val text,
> changed varchar(14) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
> PRIMARY KEY (sid,name),
> KEY changed (changed)
> );
>
> an error is reported:
>
> ERROR: type name lookup of changed failed
>
> (In postgres, do I need to go though a 'create type' process here?)

Try

CREATE TABLE active_sessions (
sid varchar(32) DEFAULT '',
name varchar(32) DEFAULT '',
val text,
changed varchar(14) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (sid,name),
);

CREATE [UNIQUE] INDEX {index_name} ON active_sessions USING btree(changed);

-- NOT NULL is implied in a primary key

> and in the second table:
>
> CREATE TABLE auth_user (
> uid varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
> username varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
> password varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
> perms varchar(255),
> PRIMARY KEY (uid),
> UNIQUE k_username (username)
> );
>
> the following error is generated:
>
> ERROR: parser: Syntax error at or near "k_username"
>
> (Will this need some additional command aling the lines of
> 'create unique index'?)

And:

CREATE TABLE auth_user (
uid varchar(32) PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT '',
username varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
password varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
perms varchar(255)
);

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX username_k ON auth_user USING btree(username);

-- Though correct syntactically, a DEFAULT for any key column rarely makes
good sense.

--

\h create table

-- at the psql prompt display allowable syntax