Re: Minor cleanups in the SSL tests

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Minor cleanups in the SSL tests
Date: 2024-05-16 21:27:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 16 May 2024, at 11:43, Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org> wrote:

> You might want to run your patch through pgperltidy. The result doesn't look bad, but a bit different than what you had crafted.

Ugh, I thought I had but clearly had forgotten. Fixed now.

> append_conf() opens and closes the file for each call. It might be nice if it could accept a list. Or you can just pass the whole block as one string, like it was done for pg_ident.conf before.

The attached v2 pass the whole block as a here-doc which seemed like the best
option to retain readability of the config.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0002-Use-library-functions-to-edit-config-in-SSL-tests.patch application/octet-stream 5.1 KB
v2-0001-Test-for-PG_TEST_EXTRA-separately.patch application/octet-stream 2.0 KB