Re: Readd use of TAP subtests

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Readd use of TAP subtests
Date: 2021-12-08 14:33:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12/8/21 09:08, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:

> Either way, I think we should be switching tests to done_testing()
> whenever it would otherwise have to adjust the test count, to avoid
> having to do that again and again and again going forward.

I'm not so sure. I don't think its necessarily a bad idea to have to
declare how many tests you're going to run. I appreciate it gets hard in
some cases, which is why we have now insisted on a Test::More version
that supports subtests. I suppose we could just take the attitude that
we're happy with however many tests it actually runs, and as long as
they all pass we're good. It just seems slightly sloppy.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan