Re: How to fix 0xC0000005 exception in Postgres 9.0

From: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to fix 0xC0000005 exception in Postgres 9.0
Date: 2020-02-22 23:28:15
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2/22/20 5:12 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 2/22/20 2:39 PM, Andrus wrote:
[snip]
> This is a different issue and involves a product VFP that is EOL 5-10
> years depending on support package. I'm going to say the hand writing is
> on the wall and it is time to upgrade software.

I don't know where you work, but where I work, old programs where the source
code disappeared ages ago, but have worked reliably for 15+ years is
distressingly common.

Breaking userland backwards compatibility is a mortal sin, and one of the
reasons that MS software is so popular is that they work so hard to *not*
break userland backwards compatibility.